7 Inspired Valentine's Day Ideas
This month, Valentine’s Day is a weekend affair with an overwhelming amount of choices. The last thing you want to do is get stuck in an overcrowded restaurant or in a packed movie theater. We get it. Quality over cliché is the best way to go. Where there’s quality there’s passion and isn’t this holiday all about passion? This is not about over-the-top or overpriced gimmicks. By keeping it simple, authentic and fun, you can create awe-inspiring memories. We’ve curated a list of seven inspiring things to do around Ventura County this Valentine’s Day weekend.
1. Dinner at Coastal Grill: Let’s start with a classic choice, like our own Coastal Grill. This beachfront restaurant is located within the Embassy Suites Mandalay Beach Resort, only steps from the water. Here you’ll enjoy the freshest sustainable seafood and farm-to-table produce that Ventura County has to offer. This Valentine’s Day, we’re partnering up with Oxnard winery, Magnavino Cellars, to prepare a special five-course menu and wine pairing that is truly inspired. Saturday, February 13, seating is limited make sure to book your reservations early. For more information and reservations call: 805-984-2500.
2. Wine Tasting: You really can’t go wrong with wine tasting. Sampling local wines with other aficionados in a charming setting is the perfect environment for relaxed conversation. The Central Coast is one of California’s leading wine growing regions. It’s home to many artisan winemakers who are passionate about their craft and excited to share it with others. Two great options, Saturday, February 13 and Sunday, February 14. Visit the following for more information: The Ventura County Wine Trailand The Sip and Savor Tour
3. Dinner Theater: The Aerial Studio: Ventura County’s first and only cirque dinner theatre and adult performance troupe. The show “Delicious Life of Love,” is describedas an aerial dance performance that explores the mysterious journey of LOVE. This is a unique experience not to be missed this Valentine’s Day weekend. Visit The Aerial Studio for more info and tickets.
4. Harbor Cruise: Take a romantic cruise around the Ventura harbor and Ventura Keys on a 64’ catamaran. The sea, harbor lights and music by pianist, Mary Lee provide a picturesque backdrop to the perfect date. Light snacks are included. Enjoy dinner around the harbor before or after. Advance reservations required for February 14th Visit the Island Packers website for more info.
5. Art & Wine: Unleash your creative inspirations here. Four Brix Winery will be hosting a Valentine’s Day Couple’s Paint & Sip Class. You don’t need to have an art background to enjoy this class, it’s all about having fun. Create an original work of art with your loved one, while sipping on several varietals at this local winery. February 14, 2-4pm, visit the website for more info.
6. Gondola Ride: This is an out of-a-movie experience. Mark Schooling, the owner and gondolier ofGondola Paradiso, began with a love of being a gondolier. He worked in Newport Beach for 16 years, and in 2014, he brought his passion and expertise to the beautiful Channel Islands Harbor. You can enjoy a 50 minute gondola ride and may bring any beverage you wish on the gondola. They’ll provide the cups, a wine opener, and even blankets for you and your love one. Visit their website to reserve a time for Valentine’s Weekend
7. Tall Ships on the Harbor: These stunning historical ships embody the romance of the high seas. A breathtaking view in person, these ships make for dramatic photo ops. Valentine’s Day weekend will be your last chance to view these beauties before they depart the Channel Islands harbor in Oxnard for a year.For information and reservations, call 1-800-200-5239 or Visit www.historicalseaport.org to purchase tickets.
All of these ideas take place in beautiful visual settings, so don’t forget to capture the moment and share your cute couple photos on social media!
Happy Valentine’s Day!